Technologies for Biomethanisation of Biogenic Residuals and Renewable Raw Materials
C-GAS covers technologies of SFCU (and its technology partner) for the production of biogas from biogenic residuals and renewable raw materials plus purification of the biogas produced, and utilization in a cogeneration plant.
Furthermore, SFCU can provide a technology for methane enrichment and advanced purification of biogas so that the treated biogas can be fed into the natural gas distribution system.
For the production of biogas 2 processes are applied:
CSTR-Process (standard process) Continuously fed and completely stirred mesophilic (or thermophilic) reactor
– allows for high solid contents both of substrate and liquor in the reactor
– floating and settling of solids is prevented due to an elaborated mixing technique
– mixers can be retrieved without emptying the reactor
Two-stage process for the fermentation of substrates of high energy density and solids content
– increased biogas yield at shorter retention time (typically 10 days) in reactor
Substrates for Biogas Production from
– agricultural industry (manures, agro-wastes, energy plants, livestock wastes)
– food industry (wastes, stale food)
– chemical industry (glycerine, alcoholes)
– disposal facilities (municipal green wastes)
– landscape and aquatic environment conservation (ensiled hay)