C-FILT is a continuously backwashed gravity sand filter that saves space and operation costs.
The sand filter is based on the counterflow principle. As a result the sand bed is in slow constant downward motion through the filter. Compressed air for the sand pump is provided by air compressor. Hence, both water purification and sand washing take place continuously and the filter can remain in service without interruption.
- continuous backwash
- no shutdown of operation during backwash
- optimum design for feed
- high capacity to handle solid loads
- single-medium filter
- aviailable in black steel or stainless steel
- concrete constructions for larger flows
- no moving parts
- raw water filtration for drinking water production
- recycling of white water in the pulp industry
- tertiary treatment
- industrial wastewater treatment