The VDI conference Optimization of Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plants 2020 took place in Frankenthal (Germany) from 26.02. to 27.02.
The top subjects were:
- Trace substances in wastewater – occurrence, behaviour and elimination methods
- Microplastic emissions from industrial wastewater treatment plants
- Elimination of nitrogen – a permanent construction site of wastewater treatment?
- Upgrading and stabilization of biological wastewater treatment plants
- Requirements for wastewater discharges according to European best available techniques (BAT)
- Legionella in wastewater treatment plants, problems and prevention
On February 26, SFCU’s process specialist Dr. Simon Jabornig gave a presentation on the C-ION technology, in which he presented 3 case studies i.e. Combating bulking sludge in an industrial wastewater treatment plant with activated sludge process / Removal of poorly degradable micropollutants in the effluent of a wastewater treatment plant with activated sludge process / Oxidation of poorly degradable COD as pretreatment.
Link to the presentation: