SFCU’s C-TECH technology is the most advanced variant of the well-known SBR process. The main differences to conventional SBR are:
- immanent selector zone for conditioning the biomass in the reactor (formation of macroflocs)
- simultaneous nitrification and denitrification (no more anoxic phases necessary)
- most efficient biological phosphorus removal
The main advantages of C-TECH are:
- less space required than for conventional wastewater treatment plants
- very good effluent quality (COD/BOD/TSS/TN/TP < 50/<10/<10/<10/<10/<1 mg/l)
- retrofitting into existing tanks possible
- very low operating and energy costs
- simple system with low maintenance requirements
- no bulking sludge, low SVI value
- direct UV treatment possible
In fact, C-TECH gives a decisive competitive advantage (up to 20% less total investment and operating costs at European prices).
Worldwide references (municipal and industrial plants) of any size are available.
More information under Technologies/Wastewater/C-TECH or References/C-TECH References.