treatment of wastewater from bakery product manufacturing with upstreams dissolved air flotation DAF 18,000 [Vollansicht]
Anthropogenic trace substances are chemical compounds that serve the health, the convenience and the welfare of mankind in almost all sectors of life such as drugs, personal care products, cleaning agents, disinfectants etc. However, at the same time they are also organic pollutants, which get into the water cycle by and via man respectively. Unfortunately, their harmful effects are largely unknown: very small quantities of these trace substances, which also include x-ray contrast agents, industrial chemicals, detergent ingredients, food additives and pesticides, may have a negative impact on aquatic organisms and man.
The removal of these anthropogenic trace substances from the water cycle is only possible by advanced wastewater treatment technologies and a 4th treatment step respectively.
For this purpose SFC Umwelttechnik GmbH offers a most economic post-treatment step, based on a process combination of filtration (C-MEM™) and destruction of these substances with non-thermal plasma (ionOXess™).
- much lower energy demand than conventional ozone and filtration treatment
- no inflow air treatment required, no ozone destructor necessary
- no active carbon required, thus lower operating costs
- complete removal of suspended solids, bacteria and viruses (membrane barrier)
- reduction of other organic pollutants (NH4, COD, pesticides, herbicides)
- small footprint
- modularly expandable
- easy installation and start-up
- start-up/stops of operation possible
- long lifetime of equipment, cheap and easy replacement
- no additional chemicals necessary
- robust process, no fine mechanical parts
We have learned from the deficiencies of other trace substances removal technologies and have refined these technologies.
The following features prove this and hence clearly speak for C-ION:
Low energy consumption
hence lower operation costs, and by the application of ionised air only little ozone is produced.
No removal of residual ozone or air treatment
hence higher safety and lower hazard potential.
Easy process control
hence adaptation to changing conditions possible.
treatment of wastewater from paper and cardboard production with downstreams reverse osmosis for water [Vollansicht]
industrial wastewater from juice production 10 m³/d 100 p.e. 3 modules / 18 cartridges [Vollansicht]